Friday, March 29, 2013

"Cast Not Away Therefore Thou Confidence"

by Elder Jeffery R. Holland

I heard this talk on my mission in 2007. 

I was going through a hard time at that stage and this REALLY changed my thought pattern and as cliche as it sounds - it changed my mission and my life!


I've listened to it probably over a dozen times and I've sent it to tons of friends!
"It is the plain and very sobering truth that before great moments, certainly before great spiritual moments, there can come adversity, opposition, and darkness. Life has some of those moments for us, and occasionally they come just as we are approaching an important decision or a significant step in our life." ~ Elder Holland




 

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise... If any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. . . We are not of them who draw back unto perdition." [Hebrews 10:35–36, 38–39; emphasis added]

Click here to read this talk and or download the PDF or the mp3. 




No comments: