Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"The Great and Wonderful Love"

by Elder Anthony D. Perkins of the Seventy

Do you judge yourself harshly? Are you a perfectionist or just need some encouragement? This talk is one I often refer to and reminds me of the love of God, our Heavenly Father for all his children, especially for those who sin, whom He calls out f0r us to repent! 

I first heard this talk in Oct. 2006 at General Conference and it impacted me, but it hit home harder right as I was about to go on mission when it was taught in a Relief Society lesson and then again in the MTC our teacher read it on a day I felt especially inadequate. This has become one of my favorite talks and one I shared often!

My favorite lines from this talk:

"Only the voice of Satan will cause you to feel of no value. In contrast, the Holy Ghost will cause you to feel 'godly sorrow' unto repentance in a manner that fills you with hope of positive change." 

" I testify of Heavenly Father, who in great and wonderful love reaches out to each of His children. I bear witness of Jesus Christ, who is 'mighty to save' us from our inadequacies, imperfections, and sins. I bear testimony of the Holy Ghost, who will accompany the imperfect yet penitent soul. To you faithful and worthy Saints who struggle with latter-day snares of the devil." - Elder Anthony D. Perkins

To read click here: The Great and Wonderful Love

No comments: