Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Endure it Well"

by Elder Neal A. Maxwell

This talk changed my life...

Given ALL the way back in 1990, when I was only 5 years old!\
However, in 2007, as missionary in Chicago - I discovered this talk in an old Ensign. 

After spending several hours, not only reading but studying this talk and then hungrily looking for more of his talks - I became a really big fan of Elder Maxwell!

I felt a bit sad that he had passed away already - before I realized this. But I'm so glad I stumbled across his work - and his testimony about discipleship and the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Each talk dense and filled with SO much doctrine and truth and encouragement!




"Enduring to the End" is the fifth principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a hard on! I know we all struggle with this and this is one of the best I've read on the matter. 


"Will we have that same perceptive tolerance for those being wrenched by a cruel irony? When, for the moment, we ourselves are not being stretched on a particular cross, we ought to be at the foot of someone else’s—full of empathy and proffering spiritual refreshment. On the straight, narrow path, which leads to our little Calvarys, one does not hear a serious traveler exclaiming, “Look, no hands!” (See 1 Cor. 10:13.)"

You can read & study this talk on lds.org 

PS: Maxwell also has a book called, If Thou Endure it Well and it's on my list of books "to read."

Have you read it?

What's your favorite "Maxwell" talk?


I'd love to leave a comment below to tell me more!

No comments: